sábado, 11 de mayo de 2019

More festivities ❤️

The past month has been jam packed with lots of Spanish festivities! As a country, you have so much culture and I love it. 

In England we don’t have as many festivities. For example, at Easter we don’t have processions or celebrate everyday. We only celebrate Easter on Easter Sunday. We have Easter egg hunts in our houses or there are some organised around the countryside. We just look for chocolate eggs and then get to eat them. We also give big chocolate Easter eggs as presents to our families and friends. Lastly, we have a Sunday roast dinner with roast chicken, pork or lamb, roast potatoes, gravy, and lots of vegetables. 




Whereas here in Spain there is something happening everyday, I find Semana Santa really interesting as it’s so different to where I live. I love how everyone gathers in the streets and there is lots of atmosphere. The floats are also beautiful with all the flowers and gold and silver, although I won’t miss the sound of the drums. This year I was lucky in Semana Santa as whimsy staying here to write university work (not a highlight of the year) I got to spend time with lots of friends here. I tried lots of traditional Easter sweet treats, saw some processions and even went to priego where they fight to carry the Jesus float and eat a special bread with an egg inside after the priest has blessed it. I had a wonderful week, and I’ll definitely come back next Easter to see it. 




Also, with the fiestas Aracelitanas, they are also really special and something I feel very lucky to see. In England we don’t have saints for each town, only one for the country (Saint George) and nobody celebrates him, we only know they date because of google reminding us. I find it really heartwarming that so many people celebrate Araceli and feel so passionate about something, it’s an incredible thing to witness. I loved the fireworks and watching the flowergiving, and also enjoyed going to the feria to dance a little bit. In the end, I’ve grown attached to Araceli and will definitely always remember here wherever I am in the world. 




Now I’m really looking forward to the this month, with the patios and Cordoba Feria. Hopefully I’ll be able to enjoy the time I have left here and make the most of it. I hope you’ve all enjoyed the many holidays we’ve had recently.

Here’s to the next 3 weeks together,

Lissy 😘


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario