|My sister and I in Zuheros|
We watched many processions in the streets of Lucena. It was lovely to see the lively streets filled with people enjoying time with family and friends and reflecting the holiday! This is what I noticed during Holy Week in Lucena:
- The weather was finally perfect just in time for the processions!
- The midnight, silent procession was very peaceful and beautiful.
- All of the spectators wore their best, most fashionable outfits.
- Families stayed out very late in the night to watch the processions, even those with babies!
- The traditional outfits of the participants of the processions was very shocking to us. The conical hats and face coverings appear to be like the dress of a racist, hate group in the USA; however, we know that in Spain it has absolutely nothing to do with this group. We had to remember that here, the dress is religious and symbolic.