martes, 1 de mayo de 2018

The final puente! 🌊🌴

Wow, I can't believe we had yet another puente, but sadly my last puente. When I first arrived in Spain I didn't understand what a puente was!! Everybody seemed to get so excited over them, and my thought was... why is everyone so excited about a bridge? And where does this bridge come from? Well, now I love these surprise magical long weekends that allow you to do exciting things!! I really think the UK should start having them too. I've been lucky enough to take advantage of my puentes and travel around quite a bit. I've been to Cadiz, Morocco, Valencia, Amsterdam and in this puente I've been to Estepona with my housemate and another language assistant. 



It has felt like a tropical paradise and so lovely to relax. We stayed in a lovely little Aldea on the outskirts of Estepona and it reminded me of family holidays to France where we would stay in a caravan on a big campsite; surrounded by forest, cook together and spend quality time together. The interior of our Aldea was super cool with lots of quirky objects; it also had a semi sea view and a cute balcony area. The only slight problem was the low ceiling to get to the bed upstairs! I mean, I'm really short, as you've probably all noticed as I blend in as a student around school, but even I had to duck my head. (I finally felt like a tall person) 








Well, enough about where we stayed. Estepona is a super beautiful part of Spain along the coast and I'd never visited there before, and it's always good to discover new places. It is very similar to benalmadena and fuengirola, where I have spent many family holidays by the beach, soaking up the sun, trying to cram as much as we could into the week in sunny Spain. But on this occasion, us 3 language assistants decided that we needed a relaxing holiday (or as they would say in a very American way, a vacation) we spent the first afternoon at the beach, I'm beginning to wonder how I'm going to survive if it gets any warmer (if any of you have a pool, I'll happily come and test if it's okay for you 😝😝) and that evening I cooked fajitas for us! I must say one of the most exciting parts of this puente is that I've been in a tourist part of Spain where I could buy all my British comforts that I've missed; especially my favourite drink and my facecream that I've been rationing 😂! And I was able to hear many British tourists, I really miss hearing English accents, and hearing them made me feel at home. The funny thing is, that i could spot the English tourists based on what they were wearing: a rucksack, saddles and shorts! We really do have a look!






After settling in to our home for 5 days, it was time to explore!! We went into the old town centre, and it was gorgeous!! 😍 everything was very Andalusian with white houses and lots of prettily painted flower pots hanging along the street (it must take them a long time to colour coordinate) we also looked at the church and the clock tower, and even had time to have a cheeky cocktail, afterall I was 'on my hollys'. That afternoon, it was time to relax on the beach again. Sadly, relaxing on the beach isn't one of my talents, I'm like one of those excitable kids that likes to do things all the time. But on this occasion I managed a little lying on the beach (with factor 50, trying to avoid looking like a classic Burnt tourist... a lobster) but after that I went for a swim, a walk along the beach, and skimmed stones. Another perk of being in a tourist area was the variety of food!!! The moment I escape lucena, I have to get my fix of international food, and this week in my mission to keep my taste buds alive was Thai food!! 





















The next day we went on an exploration of Estepona, and despite it raining on us, found a hidden beach that was almost like something from pirates of the Caribbean. The coastal line was rocky, and with lots of trees, I loved it. We could also see Gibraltar, which during this trip I have become very fond of the rock which I now call 'Gib' for short!! We also came across one of those pyramids on the beach that you can climb, my inner kid came out and I climbed to the top; and even managed to see Africa! (Cue Shakira's song ' waka waka')   After exploring, it was another day chilling at the beach (doesn't make for very exciting stories, apart from the shark we saw that eventually we had to fight off 😂😝😉) apart from it was very windy, and the sand kept attacking us, it was actually really painful. We also discovered the picturesque port, and spent some time there that evening, there was a really great atmosphere with lots of people and music which I couldn't resist dancing to. On other evenings, the TV was on our side, with dirty dancing and sex and the city showing! You really can't beat a girls movie night! (A favourite of mine is mamma Mia)














Now, you might think that this trip is going very smoothly for me, and pretty uneventful. However, no trip with me is completely smooth. sadly, I forgot to put suncream on my feet and ended up with some verrrrryyy red feet! Also, bugs really seem to like eating me, as I have lots of bug bites (must be all the chocolate I eat- it's my guilty pleasure) Anddddd I somehow managed to get conjunctivitis, but hey, those things didn't dampen my spirits! However, the one thing that did, was when I smashed the bottle of wine by opening the fridge, that was tragic! Also, when my chocolate melted, that was also a sad moment. Above all, it has been a very relaxing trip and I feel rejuvenated, with no major mishaps to report, which for me is a miracle! I hope to come back one day and create more memories. How did you spend your puente?? 







Well, now I'm on my bus home, trying not to eat the entire big packet of my favourite British crisps (salt and pepper kettle crisps) and enjoying the views from the bus. Although, why are Spanish busses always so warm!! 
HAPPY MAY EVERYONE, let's hope the weather continues to improve, so I can look a little tanned upon my return to the UK! Here's to an incredible final month!! 💪🏻👌🏻💃🏽



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario