jueves, 12 de abril de 2018

Life back in 'sunny' Spain

Well, where do I begin? It has been 2 full weeks since I have been back in Spain permanently. Firstly, I would just like to thank each and everyone of you for making me feel very welcome upon my return; I have kept all the hearts you have made me in a very special place. I am very lucky to be in a school like Clara with students that are so enthusiastic and try their best with English, even of you can be chatterboxes sometimes :P. Each and everyone of you have something special to bring to the school and the world. If you ever become famous and have to do interviews in English, lets not forget who helped you with that pronunciation :P. Let's just hope you have studied English enough to understand my praises to you all :P

Thanks to you all because Wow!! Spain, sadly you haven't been as good to me! I am going to be a stereotypical British person now and talk about the weather; in England we always talk about weather a) if you don't have anything else to talk about b) to fill awkward silences and c) because some British people like to moan. WHat has happened to that summer feeling I was expecting? I thought Spain was supposed to be tropical and sunny? I thought this would be the year I would finally get a tan (Sadly I am not blessed with skin that has a sun kissed glow) but it appears this will not be the year. I appreciate that the rain makes me feel like I am at home in England, but I would really like to not have to worry about my umbrella turning upside down or whether I can make it to school without getting completely soaked. The rain even stopped some of Semana Santa's processions, but at least the sun came out for a few days that week. I definitely took advantage of the sun with my mum and sister. We went to Malaga beach, enjoyed a sunny Cordoba and walked up the Sierra de Araceli. What do you think about this weather? Anyways, at least it means I can play some of my all time favourite songs 'Umbrella by Rhianna', 'It's raining men by the weather girls' ' Rain by The Script'  and 'set fire to the rain by Adele'  (There are some recommendations should you want to brush up on that weather vocabulary). But believe it or not, here are some positives to this awful weather and it is always important to look on the bright side of life. The countryside is beautiful and very green. It reminds me of home because I live near lots of green English countryside and the river Thames: I actually miss seeing water. Another benefit is that now when a sign says 'rio', there is actually a river there. Also, it makes you appreciate those sunny days a lot more.



Well, I am sure this lovely weather will fb be here very shortly, and then I will probably moan about the heat because it is too hot and still an unacceptable temperature to wear shorts :P


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario