domingo, 17 de enero de 2016

SNOWBOARDING by Caroline

Okemo Mountain, Vermont with my sister Eliza

One of my favorite things to do is to go snowboarding. I worked as a snowboard instructor in Vermont for 5 years during high school and college breaks. On days I did not work, I would go snowboarding with my family and friends. I no longer work as an instructor, but whenever I go snowboarding, the schedule is pretty similar.

7:00 AM: Wake up, get dressed, and eat breakfast! I wake up around 7 am, because the mountain opens at 8-8:30 am, and the snow is better the earlier you go. On days like this, I usually have coffee (always coffee!) and toast with avocado, or peanut butter and banana, or some scrambled eggs and fruit.

7:45 AM: Drive to the mountain.When I was working I would also take my two sisters with me so they could go snowboarding as well!

Vail, Colorado

8:00/15 AM- 11:30/12 PM (ish): GO SNOWBOARDING!! The snow is always so much better in the morning, especially if it snows the night before. When I arrive at the mountain, I need to put on my snowboarding boots, because I cannot drive with them on. During the morning, we may stop for a coffee, or hot chocolate, and a snack - especially if it is very cold.

11:30/NOON: Lunch time! I typically meet up with friends/family and  eat lunch at one of the lodges on the mountain.

1:00- 3:00 PM: After a big, warm, lunch, it’s time to get back out on the slopes! I will usually snowboard until about 3 PM, because it’s exhausting!

3:00PM - 5:00 PM: After a long day of snowboarding, my friends and I will usually go for aprés-ski at a bar on or near the mountain - typically a drink like a beer, or hot chocolate and some snacks (my favorite is nachos). Another common aprés-ski cocktail is hot chocolate mixed with peppermint schnapps.

5:00 PM: Go home, shower, relax, and eat dinner!


Some questions:

- When is the snow better for snowboarding, in the morning or in the afternoon?
- Where does Caroline have lunch when she goes snowboarding?
- Which is Caroline's favourite snack?
- Does Caroline work as a snowboard instructor nowadays?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario