domingo, 27 de mayo de 2018

All the fun at the fair and everything else in between 🇪🇸💃🏽


Time really is continue to fly by and so my mission to do as much as possible continues. This week in let's see what Lissy can cram into her week, we have lots of random things. 

Firstly, I got the pleasure to be apart of the Clara Campoamor day, I mean it wasn't even my week at your school and I don't even work Fridays, but some things (only some things, don't expect me to give up my 3 day weekend all the time 😝😝) are worth showing up for, and this was. I mean mainly just because I couldn't have felt like I was anymore in Spain- I've never ever seen that many tortillas in one place! 😂😂 maybe next year you should enter the Guinness world record books for most tortillas in a school, I think you've got a good chance. Well, aside from the tortilla, it was so lovely to see all of you come together in one place and do lots of wonderful things- it was special to see and be part of. Well done to 4 eso for bossing your acrobatic routine, you should be proud of yourselves for getting up there, and for the pieces of music you picked- I was a massive fan! but also, thank you for letting me run a bit of the day- the Irish dancing! I feel privileged to have been able to show you all something that has been a massive part of my life and I think you all did great, even if it was quite difficult! Well done to those of you that made it to the end of the session- perseverance is key in life! 💚🍀☘️ well, thank you for putting up with me for an extra day! 



If Clara campoamor day wasn't enough dancing, fería was something else! The only other fería I've been to whilst here in Spain is the lucena one for Araceli, but cordoba, wow, that was something completely different. we took the bus to cordoba at 10am ready for a day full of Fería and mission number 1 was to find a flower for our hair of course!!! I was maybe a little too excited about wearing a flower, I just wanted to feel Spanish for a day 🌺🌹😂 and well, we were all very fussy about our flowers and walked around until we found the perfect one. I'm very indecisive so picked a blue and red one, mainly because they matched my dress andddddd well, a red flower is just very Spanish. However, there was a price to pay for mission flower.... silly me decided that wearing heels was a great idea, it was not!! I'm pretty sure we walked over the WHOLE of cordoba and my feet were not happy bunnies 😳😂 but I think the flower was worth the pain and well, Feria must go on!!! Here below you can see the 'flowerpuff girls' and so move over power puff girls! (I'm not sure if you have that programme here) 





After stopping refresh ourselves and prepare ourselves for Fería, it was time to go in and oh my lord, it was incredible, I've never seen something so spectacular and so full of life. It made me so happy to see everyone without a care in the world and all the Fería stuff placed there- it felt like I was walking into a theme park!! Of course I was jealous of all the flamenco dresses 🌹💃🏽 they are so beautiful and stunning and so very very Spanish hahaha after having a photoshoot (you can't go to Fería without A photo shoot) it was time to go to the casetas, and I discovered my new favourite drink called rebujito!! I had to admit that I really don't have any talent on the sevillanas front, but it's so beautiful to watch everyone dance in time with one another and how they move so effortlessly and know the steps!! I really did try and maybe just maybe by the end I understood about half of it. I just seem to lack the coordination of the arms with the feet, so if anyone would live to give me a lesson, that would be fabulous!! I had such a fantastic time at Fería and enjoyed every moment, one of those days were you genuinely love life and live in the moment- I'll never ever forget my cordoba Fería experience!! I loved it so much that I even went again on Wednesday evening (ooopsy a school night) and once again had an awesome time dancing the night away with wonderful human beings! Just one day I'll get to go in a horse and cart hahaha (a girl can dream, tight
















After all the excitement of the Fería, I really needed to rest, however I seem to have an issue with this, in the form of not being able to stop doing things because I think life should be for living and making the most of it. So, I went to Zuheros for the first time with Isa (the English teacher), who some of you may know. I had such a lovely day, and Zuheros is just breathtaking, I really couldn't believe it was in Spain. Spain is just full of surprises and so diverse!! I loved the countryside and it reminded me of back home with the reallllyyyy green grass, farm animals and hiking places. I also learnt lots about the countryside and Zuheros itself from her family. I'm so lucky to have people to show me all the nucks and crannies of Spain, and people who I love spending time with. After doing a mini hike and seeing the countryside (the ground was too wet to do a proper hike... never thought I'd hear those words being from England, but then you guys don't even do PE outside even if there is only a little bit of water on the ground hehe 😂😝) it was time for tapas! I'm beginning to really love tapas, until someone asks me what I want and I really really do have problems deciding 😂😂 maybe it's the pressure of picking a tapas in front of spaniards, or that I just really don't mind... I'll never know haha but we had revuelto, flamenquin and some meat- it was really yummy and I got to spend time with Maria, Isa's daughter! The sun really did shine so brightly that we even had to put up an umbrella. Sadly that sunshine wasn't to last when as we arrived in Lucena and started eating ice cream, the heavens opened and I've never ever seen rain so heavy o so much hail (and that's coming from someone who lives in England) and so we were impresioned in the ice cream shop until it passed a little- but I guess there are worst places to be stuck in the rain haha thank you isa for such a genuinely fantastic day, I'm so lucky!











I've also been doing lots of other random things in my free time! I've visited my first bodega and that made me feel really really grown up knowing about how wine is made. The area around the bodega was also so pretty and like a mini Tuscany. I've also been to malaga to spend a day at the beach to regain energy after all you noisy kids 😝😝😝 but sadly I have finally got burnt and now look like a typical guiri on holiday, I was doing soooooo well!!! and in Malaga I had my first cien montaditos, they're so cute!!! I love the idea that I can choose lots of little sandwiches of my choice, but there really is such a thing as toooo much choice! And finally I went to have a night of German food with the other language assistants and my German au pair friend. We have become so close as friends and so now we are making the most of our time. If I'm being completely honest, I really don't remember what it was called that we ate, and I don't want to offend any German speakers haha but it was like a homemade pasta with lots of cheese- it was yummy and we all had fun trying to make it and more so, trying to pronounce it. it was such a pleasant evening filled with chit chat! 















And well I guess that completes my penultimate blog for you all (don't get too excited that you don't have to read me again 😂😝) but I guess I've just done lots and lots of random things and making the most of life here in Spain! Memories are the key to everything, and I'm certainly making lots of them to cherish forever. 

Well, I'll see you all in a week or so!! ⭐️💕🌸 I look forward to spending 2 more days with you all, you're the best! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario